Middle East conflicts: Australian experiences.
- Serving honourably in Iraq by Marcus Fielding. Australia made a significant contribution to the controversial war.
- Make Mosul great again by Stephanie Boyle. Memorial curators spent time among Australian forces and discovered tales of Taji and Iraq.
- Collecting history as it happens by Emma Campbell. Three Memorial curators recently visited Australian forces in Iraq.
- Airworthy again by Laura Kennedy and Jamie Croker. The intensive restoration of the Memorial’s Lockhead Hudson.
- Why war art speaks to us by Scott Bevan. Artists of the Second World War captured the incredible events happening around them.
- A tale of two tanks by Meleah Hampton. Mephisto was not the first tank to cause a stir on arrival in Australia: meet Grit.
- A glimpse of horror by David Gist. An anonymous X-ray from the Western Front reveals the brutality of war.
- Alone in the ruins by Anne-Marie Conde. Charles Bean captured a poignant reminder of the effect of war in France.
- Arab in the Fjord by Chris Goodard. A young Australian sailor played a key role in a desperate naval action in Norway.
- The Last Post: Lance Corporal Sydney Cooper.
- Plus regular features, including Reflections, Mail Call, and book reviews.
Magazine, illustrated throughout, 72 pages.
Wartime is the military history magazine of the Australian War Memorial and a must-have for anyone with an interest in history.
Published quarterly, the magazine is devoted to the Australian experience of war; military history; and the effects of war on society. All features are written by eminent historians and deal fully and frankly with both the distressing and the lighter sides of war.
Each issue delivers many stories of courage and survival of both service personnel and civilians, illustrated throughout by incredible images from the Memorial archives.
Subscribe now and save up to 22%
- Wartime subscription 1 year / 4 issues - Australia ($32) BUY NOW
- Wartime subscription 2 years / 8 issues - Australia ($56) BUY NOW
- Wartime subscription 1 year / 4 issues - New Zealand ($56) BUY NOW
- Wartime subscription 2 years/ 8 issues - New Zealand ($99) BUY NOW
- Wartime subscription 1 year / 4 issues - rest of the world ($64) BUY NOW
- Wartime subscription 2 years / 8 issues - rest of the world ($122) BUY NOW
Individual issues are available to purchase here
To enquire about your subscription please contact Magshop on 136 116
Editorial enquiries can be made via:
Phone: (02) 6243 4211
General information & submission guidelines